How to organize apps and folders is an ongoing experiment of mine. After 6 years, I have more or less a stable solution for the second home screen.
You’ll notice that I use symbols to name folders. For some reason it makes classifying and finding apps easier:
- ⌘ System: Anything that can be filed as utilities or tools.
- ⚑ Location: Parkings apps, OpenTable, etc.
- Apple: Default apps.
- 🍼 Baby: You guessed it, Robie related.
- ▶︎ Media: Audio, video, etc.
- ♣︎ Games: Bang, bang.
- ☗ Home: Roku/Apple TV, weather, plane finder.
- ▲ Cooking: The triangle means heat in my head.
- ⦁ Photography: It’s like a camera lens!
- ☁︎ Cloud: Web services.
- ❝ Writing: Please quote me.
- ✈︎ Travel: Getting there is half the apps.
- ‰ Finance: Banks and anything that has my money.
- $ Stores: Everything that wants my money.
- ◍ Web: Browsers and other web apps.
- 🄰🄿 Aeropost: My job.
- ☍ Social: Lets connect.
Any other app left outside is something I’m playing with but hasn’t found a place in the main screen1 or any of the folders.
I’m cheating a little bit because Launch Center Pro is in my main screen.↩