I was planning to post this next week, but App Santa includes so many good apps, that I want to share early:
- Castro: With the release of version 2.0, this is my new default player.
- Tweetbot: The one and only. Likely I’d quit Twitter if Tweetbot wasn’t around.
- Day One: I use this app everyday. Version 2.0 shows promise, but speed is lagging. Still, best journaling app out there.
- Happy Scale: If you’re serious about tracking your weight, there’s no better app. I’ve tried them all.
- Inbox by Gmail: There’s something about Inbox’s UX that just works for me. Still can’t use it on the Desktop, but on mobile it’s my default mail client.
- Launch Center Pro: I always return this app to my homescreen. Even without complex scripts, it’s faster than going through screens and folders (Castro, Tweetbot and Happy Scale are launched from this App)
- The Economist Espresso: At $2.99, it’s how I currently keep up-to-date with non-tech news.
- Morning Reader: For tech news, this site/App has replaced Techmeme as my source.
- Carbo: If it’s in a piece of paper, whiteboard, desk or post-it, I scan it with Carbo.
- Plane Finder: I love looking at planes on final approach or taking off. Even at cruising altitude, this app lets you check everything you’d want to know about the flight.
The easiest way to include more than 5, without including more than 5.↩