Weekly Work Review
Every Friday at 4pm, I have a 42min meeting with a link to an Obsidian file. The file contains the following template:
- Emails Sorted
- Review Folder 1 Projects
- Next Week Calendar
- Things Work Tasks
- Sort Download Files Folder Tidy.app
Each has a link that makes it actionable on the Mac1. The intent of each:
- Email Sorted: my passive aggressive version of InboxZero. It allows me to reach a clean inbox, but allows a lot of email snoozing.
- Review Folder
1 Projects: opens the folder, and I try to have no more than 5 folders there. Inactive’s or done projects are moved to
- Next Week Calendar: opens Fantastical. I try to move around meetings from a high-level view, and make block some focus time.
- Things Work Tasks: although most of my tasks are in Obsidian, there’s still items that will fall in my Things work area.
- Sort Download Files: Use Folder Tidy to sort the Download folder. Afterwards I’ll usually rescue some files to either add to a project above or group into a folder and send to
4 Archiveor to a
This check list is linked at the end of my weekly notes with the name
Weekly Review 2021w38.md for historical reasons.